Thursday, October 20, 2011

Using my thrift finds

So last weekend I picked up a few things for $1 each.
 

I used the metal container for my eye balls. I was going to paint it but I decided I liked the patina.
 
Posted by Picasa

The vase was my next project.
 

I just spray painted the vase with a flat black. I used three light coats. I'd been looking for something to put these flowers in since last fall. Everything was too tall or too small. Besides that, vases are expensive! What gives? You think they keep making and selling the same vases (I've been looking for a year), you'd think the prices would go down! I knew exactly what I wanted in my head. After seeing a few spray paint tutorials for glass, I knew the glass vase had a good chance of working out. Plus it was $1 so if it didn't work oh well right? I'm so excited this worked out!
  

2 comments:

  1. Great finds! Love that the vase got a second life after you spray painted it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your kind comments.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...