Monday, October 17, 2011

Pinspiring - Halloween Eye Balls

I love Pinterest. Obviously I'm not the only one! It has enabled me to collect projects and pretties. It also (somehow) motivated me to do some stuff. So, in honor of this motivation, I've decided to do at least one post a week showing something I did that was inspired by something I saved on Pinterest. (got that?) I'm starting out simple with some Halloween "eye balls".

 


They were pinspired by the following creations. Thanks crafters!

I wish I'd used the neon green or some glitter but I didn't have that on hand when I started. I definitely will next time. Maybe even some glow in the dark!

The googly eyes were the pinspiration but I also made some of moss and tried making other kinds of decorative balls. The black and silver decorative balls where made using styrofoam craft balls, paint and puff paint. Even using a fairly smooth styrofoam ball you could still see bumps. I didn't quite get it as I wanted it on this first try but I had fun so I'll definitely be trying again - they are so expensive at the store! The moss balls were floral foam balls that I wired moss to. I just cut some pieces of wire and bent it to make pins. Nothing fancy on that part - just thought you might want to know.

From Follow Me on Pinterest with Love...
Posted by Picasa

Linky Love
Making Monday Marvelous Linky Party

2 comments:

  1. Such a fun round-up of ideas! Perfect for this time of year. Pinterest is way too addicting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all the googley eyes as well!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...